Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jack and his Toys


I was browsing through blogs sometime last week and saw the picture accompanying the blog, "Jack and his Toys" and I just couldn't resist saving the picture--immediately forming a little poem in my head about it. But I didn't get the chance to write the words right away.
Today, Valentine's Day here in the Philippines, I woke up to a nice morning and felt inspired to pen down that poem.

I hope ms ConeyIsBabe wouldn't mind my borrowing the picture. I hope you'll like my little poem too.

today's a hot and sunny day
a perfect time to go out and play

so off i went to my basket of toys
oh no! they're all gone! 'must be the boys?

round and round i looked and looked
saw the empty basket, am i spooked?

i miss the birdy, the bear, the duckie,
oh where oh where is my favorite bunny?

i walked around and surveyed the place
is that a shadow of a bear's hairy face?

my gaze went up and what a joy!
pinned along a clothesline are all my toys!

now i still walk round and round, my heart's excited
can't wait to touch them when they're dried and dusted

oh great Sun up above continue shining
see you again around, on the next washing and drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment