Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dusk ....Remember December


[B]Yesterday as I looked out the window, I caught a glimpse of the sky at dusk. There was a sudden pang of sadness that flashed --there was a cool breeze blowing....and an inspiration for a poem came through. I wrote two within a few minutes of each other. It's amazing how inspiration comes and goes.....


there's something about dusk
that brings sadness to me
it brings back time in the distant past
of how things used to be

i don't know why it reminds me
of sad Christmases and new years too
the childhood that still haunts me
the vivid faces that make me blue

why is dusk sad unlike dawn
that seems to carry hopes and cheer
at times, this grief that dusk has spawned
brings me closer to the point of tears

i wish i know a time and place
when and where dusk is instead happy
i'll go there once, create my space
draw inspirations for cheerful poetry

.
-
-
-

Remember December

i smell the scent of Christmas air
in cool and chilly December
it's not as cold as where there is snow
no need for crackling fire or ember

the Christmas air that i know of
is fragrant like fresh flowers
sometimes it smells like freshly baked bread
i crave for coffee, jam and butter

in December is when i hear
the church bells at 3:00 in the morning
from 3:00 am till 4:00 am
Christmas carols,Ray Conniff's playing

these Decembers of my childhood
are gone and fading from my memory
but there are times they flash like lightning
leaving me happy, smiling and dreamy...

No comments:

Post a Comment