Sunday, December 23, 2007

KEY


each afternoon as I slip my key to the door of my apartment I start crying

...
Am I sad?
Or just lonely?


Being alone gives lots of opportunity to feel the sadness...
…and miss HOME

I miss...


..voices

...hugs

...kisses
...the gentle tap on my bedroom door
...my daughter's endless chatter about school

...and my two boys' equally endless chatter about school and games...


...chats over breakfast

...fooling around with the kids

...Mario and Luigi

...footsteps

...the loud creak of the iron gate


...the dogs barking

...the guitar

....the phone ringing

...the slow and gentle whirr of the bedroom fan


..the door slamming

... the laughter

..voices singing


...the crowing of the rooster

...the bullfrogs on a rainy night

..my bed...
my pillow...

the AVR clicking...
the CPU growling



When I come back home to the Philippines,
I’m sure I’m not going to miss


the key to my apartment door in Thailand………

No comments:

Post a Comment