- In my first class for the day, something good was happening,The kids, restless and smiling, all the girls were giggling,A little girl walked forth and handed me a red rose,The class cheered and soon after, followed it with applause.
- More boys and girls soon began to approach meTheir faces were all bright, and yes, filled with glee,They handed me roses, yet strange, I did wonder,Why many of them gave me different kinds of heart stickers.
Red hearts, yellow hearts, blue, violet, pink and green,Bright-colored with gold dusts that gave them a sheen,Another rose wrapped in transparent plastic,A big rose so lovely, that sure made my heart tick!
- Throughout the rest of the day, the stickers kept coming,Cheerfully I accepted, my joy overflowing,On a notebook, one by one, the stickers I stuck,Anyone who sees it , will think I am lovestruck.
I pulled out a paper and folded it twice,A valentine card, I will make and make sure it is nice,I scribbled a greeting, drew hearts, roses, arrows,Then told the class "Your feelings, in a card, let it show".
- They liked it, were excited and soon everyone was busy,Drawing, coloring, writing --- all busy as a bee,They now found a new and more creative way,To send friends their greetings on a valentine's day.
- Next year, I am sure, they will try to do better,Make a card personalized, better than just a sticker,But still these stickers will be attention -getters,For already, I saw a card with heart stickers in four corners!!